The IPA will grant five IPA Student Awards of €425/£350 in the remaining months of 2014. Applicants for these Awards must be:
- a current student member of the Association at the time of application, and
- first and presenting author on a paper accepted for an open (non-student, international) conference held in 2014.
To apply for an Award, send the Secretary of the IPA (Patricia Keating) an email with:
- your name and current academic affiliation
- the name and email address of a current academic supervisor
- the name, date, and location of the conference
- a copy of your paper or abstract that has been accepted
- some form of confirmation of acceptance of your paper, and
- a brief (1-2 sentences) description of the phonetic relevance of your paper.
Optionally, you may also describe the phonetic relevance of your attendance at the conference.
Please submit your application at least 2 weeks before the conference.